- Kaju / cashew / jeedi pappu 1 cup
- Capsicum 2
- onions large 1
- green chillies 2 or 3
- curry laves few
- ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
- Tomatoes 2
- turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
- red chilli powder 1 tspn ( as per spiciness u want)
- salt as per taste.
For Seasoning /tadka /talimpu:-
- Oil 2 to3 tspoons
- mustard seeds 1/2 tspn (avvalu)
- cumin seeds 1/2 tspn (jeelikarra)
- chana dal 1 tspn (pachi senga pappu)
- urad dal 1 tspn (minapappu)
For making this cashews must be raw n tender..as we don’t get that raw cashews all the time ..we can cook this dry cashews what we usually use .If u have time you can soak the cashews for an hour or more to make them soft.
- Pressure cook the cashews by adding one glass of water to just one whistle.
- Chop the onions , green chillies, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Heat oil in a skillet..when the oil is hot enough add the seasoning ingredients..when the mustard seeds starts popping..add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté them till the onions become transparent..
- add ginger garlic paste n sauté for a minute n add chopped tomatoes n cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add capsicum and sauté for a minute..add cooked cashews along with the water and let it cook on medium flame . add enough turmeric powder,salt n red chilli powder n cook till capsicum becomes soft. check for the spices n off the flame
This curry go well with rice , roti or pulav .