Milk 4 glasses , ( approximately 1 liter)
Sugar 2 cups
lemon 1 / vinegar 4 tspns
- Take 3 glasses of milk in a vessel boil them stir the milk frequently so that it wont stick to bottom
- Squeeze the lemon juice in a bowl n add water to the lemon juice, the water quantity should be same as lemon juice quantity (u can also use vinegar instead of lemon juice..here in the vinegar also u have to add water to dilute it)
- When the milk comes to boil add the lemon juice/vinegar little by little n keep stirring.. now u can c that the structure of milk breaks n form paneer balls..when the milk starts breaking its structure u can off the flame.
- When the milk completely breaks , all the fat in the milk forms as paneer n floats n the remaing liquid is water content in milk..now filter this paneer in a cloth to remove all the water, now wah the paneer with clod water.
- squeeze the paneer in the cloth well by holding it gently n tightly ( not too tight)
- To remove the excess water ,take a dry cloth or paper towel n rub well on all sides of paneer which is in cloth (do not remove paneer from filtered cloth).
- Now open the filtered cloth..u can c the paneer as a whole ball, take a pinch of paneer n try to make a ball..if it comes properly with out breaking..then ur paneer to ready to make balls..otherwise if the paneer breaks..then there is still moisture in the paneer..u hav to continue the rubbing process.
- Now make the paneer into small balls by rubbing little hardly bettwen ur palms if there is moisture in paneer it wont become like ball..it will break..As we r making rasmalai, the balls should be flattened, so press the balls little n make them like a pattie.
- Take a pressure cooker n add 1cup of sugar n 6 cups of water n let the water heat up..when you see the vapors coming from water, you can add the paneer balls n keep the lid pressure cook until 1 r two whistles.
- When you open the lid, you see the paneer balls/patties will puff up double in size..remove paneer patties from water n squeeze the water by pressing very very gently n place in a plate
- Heat the remaining glass of milk n let it boil for half an hour till it become half in measure..keep on stirring to avoid it sticking to bottom.
- When the milk becomes thick..add cup of sugar n cardimom powder ,stir it for 10 minutes till the sugar dissolves..now add the paneer paties in this milk n let it cook on low flames for 5 to 10 minutes, so that the paneer obsorbs the sweetness n milk
- Turn off flame, decorate it with flakes of some nuts n freeze it before serving.