Paneer cooked in spicy rich tomato gravy
Preparation Time : 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20-30 minutes
Servings : 4
Paneer butter Masala is a very tasty n easy recipe…i got this recipe from chef sanjeev kapoor …it tastes same as restaurant dish..thanks chef.
Cottage cheese (paneer), cut into triangles( approximately 250 grams)
Butter 4 tablespoons
Oil 1 teaspoon
Bay leaves 2
Cinnamon 2 one-inch sticks
Dried red chillies, broken 1
Coriander seeds, crushed 2 tablespoons
Onion , sliced 1 small
Ginger paste 1 teaspoons
Garlic paste 1 teaspoons
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder1 teaspoon
Tomatoes, chopped 5-6 medium ( i used 4 spoons of tomato puree)
Salt to taste
Kasoori methi , crushed1/2 teaspoon (i didn’t use it)
Fresh cream 2 tablespoons /half cup of milk ( i used milk)
- Heat 2 and half tablespoons butter with one teaspoon oil in a kadai…so that butter wont burn soon if we add in oil
- Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, red chillies and crushed coriander seeds. Sauté for half a minute. Add onion and stir-fry for thirty seconds and add ginger paste and garlic paste. Cook for another thirty seconds. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and tomatoes. Cook on high heat till oil leaves the masala. Puree the mixture.(if you use tomato puree..just add enough water in the puree n make it into thick paste…add this paste to masala n let it cook..no need to puree here.cook the masala with tomato puree on high flame for 2 minutes till its cooked n oil oozes out..do not get it burn.)
- Reduce the flame to low..add the remaining 1 and half table spoons of butter to puree , add the paneer and half cup of water…let it cook on a low flame for to 5 minutes…
- If u use milk cream instead of milk…remove the curry from flame n add 2 tspns of cream and mix it…serve hot.
- If u add milk ..now add the milk little by little ..keep stirring while adding the milk…by adding milk little by little it wont curdle..stir it and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes n off the flame…serve hot
- If the paneer is fresh one,add as it is to the curry…but if the paneer is frozen one or not the fresh one , deep fry the paneer till it turns to light yellow color..if the oil is very hot…just add..saute for a 10 to 15 seconds n remove…
- If you use fresh tomatoes instead of puree..you can add salt after making the tomato to puree..
- Instead of adding readymade ginger garlic paste…use the fresh ginger n garlic to get nice flavor.