I brought small n tender cooked shrimp from Safeway yesterday..i just cooked it in a normal method of basic Andhra style.It was very tasty..it goes well with chapati n rice.
shrimps 1 packet
tomatoes 2 , chopped finely
green chillies 3 , chopped lenth wise
Onion 1 , chopped finely
ginger garlic paste 1/2 tspn
coriander powder 1/2 tspn
garam masala powder 1/2 tspn
Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
Red chillipowder 1/2 tspn
Salt to taste
Whole Garam Masala:- (you can take the garam masala ingridients as u wish)
sahjeera / kala jeera 1/2 tspn
cinnamon stick 1 ..1inch in size
- Heat the skillet with 2 tspns oil.
- When the oil is hot enough add kala jeera and other whole garam masala ingredients and sauté for 10 seconds..then add Finely chopped onions,green chillies and sauté them for 5 minutes ..till they become transparent n the raw smell is gone..now add ginger garlic paste n saute for a minute…
- Add chopped tomatoes n let it cook for two minutes..till they r cooked n mashed.
- Now add garam masala powder,coriander powder,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and enough salt…stir it well ..add 1/4 cup water and add shrimp..
- Turn the flame to sim to medium..let it cook till the gravy becomes thick n shrimp absorbs the spices n becomes tasty..it takes for about 15 minutes in low flame..
- Garnish with cilantro…n serve hot.