(video is available to this dish in My COOKING VIDEOS)
1 cup raw rice
1 bunch of coriander leaves
Green chilies 3
grated coconut 3 tspns
grated carrot 3 tspns
green peas 1/4th cup
Salt to taste
oil/ghee 2 tspns
cumin seeds 1 tspn (jeelakarra)
chana dal 1tspn (pachi sanaga pappu)
urad dal 1 tspn (minapappu)
- Cook the rice normally ..after cooking spread the rice on a plate so that it gets cool down (Now start the other preparations)
- Chop the coriander and grind it to paste along with grated coconut and green chillies..add little water to make it to paste…
- Heat the frying pan with two tspns of oil /ghee
- When the oil is hot enough reduce the flame to sim -- medium and add all the seasoning ingredients and saute till the chana dal turn little dark..Now add the shredded carrot and green peas and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Now add the coriander paste and enough salt..saute for one minute till the raw smell of the coriander disappears.
Add the cooked rice ..mix it well ..reduce the flame to sim and allow it to cook for 5 minutes..later adjust the salt if necessary and off the flame.
- We can add lemon juice while having this rice if we like.