Letha Sorakaya/Tender bottle gourd 1
Milk 1 cup
Green chilies 3
curry leaves few
Oil 2 tspns
Crushed garlic cloves 2
red chili 1 or 2
chana dal 1 tspn
urad dal 1 tspn
Mustard seeds 1/2 tspn
cumin seeds 1/2 tspn
- Sorakaya /Bottle gourd should be tender …Chop the bottle gourd into small size cubes either by peeling the skin or without peeling.
- chop the onions and green chilies.
- Heat the skillet with 2 tspns of oil..
- When the oil is hot enough add the crushed garlic cloves and suate for few seconds till they are slightly sauted..now add the remaining tadka/talimpu ingredients and saute till the mustard splitters..Now add chopped onions,green chilies n curry leaves..saute for 5 minutes in low flame till the onions becomes transparent..Now add the chopped bottle gourd pieces and also add enough salt,turmeric powder..let it cook till the vegetable becomes soft and done…Add little water if necessary.
- Now the curry is done..u can off the flame if u wan the plain bottle gourd curry…Other wise you can add one cup of milk to it and let it cook for 5 more minutes and off the flame..Serve hot n enjoy..goes well with rice as well as roti.
Sorakaya curry with out milk
- If milk is added in the curry…mix a pinch of cooking soda in the milk before pouring it in the curry..so that the milk wont break its structure.
- If you wan to make the curry with milk added ..avoid adding red chili powder ..add more green chilies to get the enough spice to the curry
- Watch the album to get clear idea.
- view my post on sorakaya curry with milk added.